Talk

Advanced search

Calling anyone who knows about schools and schools' policy, Teachers, govenerers, anyone pleaes

(5 Posts)
HidingInTheZoo Thu 01-Oct-09 22:05:21

Could someone explain what a PFI school is and what the BSI schools policy actually mean.
As I understand PFI is basically privately funded fabric of school but LEA run. And BSI means the outsourcing of the maintainance of the fabric and ICT infra-structure of the school to a private company. Is it as simple as this or have i got the wrong end of the stick red tape?

TIA

Hassled Thu 01-Oct-09 22:30:02

I am a governor but BSI + schools has passed me by. Bumping in case anyone has a clue. You're right re PFI schools, though.

BewareTheFullMoon Fri 02-Oct-09 22:29:47

Opps it would have helped if could read my own handwriting. Should have read BSF or PSF. Does that jog any memories?

mrscactus Fri 02-Oct-09 22:43:08

BSF is the Governments plan to build better schools across the country (Building Schools for the Future). They've thrown loads of miney at it - via LEA bids, so the money doesn't come to a school unless thats agreed with the LEA as part of their bid.

BewareTheFullMoon Fri 02-Oct-09 23:08:33

Thank you. will google for a cure for insomia. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: