Talk

Advanced search

Calling anyone who knows about schools and schools' policy, Teachers, govenerers, anyone pleaes

(5 Posts)
HidingInTheZoo Thu 01-Oct-09 22:05:21

Could someone explain what a PFI school is and what the BSI schools policy actually mean.
As I understand PFI is basically privately funded fabric of school but LEA run. And BSI means the outsourcing of the maintainance of the fabric and ICT infra-structure of the school to a private company. Is it as simple as this or have i got the wrong end of the stick red tape?

TIA

Hassled Thu 01-Oct-09 22:30:02

I am a governor but BSI + schools has passed me by. Bumping in case anyone has a clue. You're right re PFI schools, though.

BewareTheFullMoon Fri 02-Oct-09 22:29:47

Opps it would have helped if could read my own handwriting. Should have read BSF or PSF. Does that jog any memories?

mrscactus Fri 02-Oct-09 22:43:08

BSF is the Governments plan to build better schools across the country (Building Schools for the Future). They've thrown loads of miney at it - via LEA bids, so the money doesn't come to a school unless thats agreed with the LEA as part of their bid.

BewareTheFullMoon Fri 02-Oct-09 23:08:33

Thank you. will google for a cure for insomia. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now