Talk

Advanced search

Prep school absence. I am taking my DD out for a day. Head has said it will be unauthorised.

(5 Posts)
pagwatch Wed 30-Sep-09 11:57:59

What are the likely implications - how can I find out?

I asked Head about it briefly thinking she would agree to absence in March. She said that the school would have to deem it unauthorised . She was very specific that school can not stop me but to avoid 'thin end of the wedge' situation the school could not sanction it.
I was a bit non-plussed so just thanked her for explaining but I am not sure if that means there will be no further action and i just write informing them a bit nearer the day .
Any previous experiences or best guesses?

MrsBadger Wed 30-Sep-09 12:00:02

it'll be on her report as an unauthorised absence but I don't think they'll do anything else.
If other people (or indeed you) start making a habit of it there may be a stern letter home, either generally or to the people concerned.

LIZS Wed 30-Sep-09 12:07:20

Ours would never authorise such an absence but I don't think anythign'll happen as a result.

pagwatch Wed 30-Sep-09 12:28:25

Thanks
It has never happened before and I can't ever imagine it happening again. So I guess I will take the black mark on the report on the chin.

She did absoloutely agree to the reasons for our doing it. She implied that she couldn't authorise rather than would not want to IYSWIM. So I don't think she would choose to persue further.
Thank you all

I was having a little flap....

THANK YOU !

scaryteacher Wed 30-Sep-09 13:26:46

If it's Prep and thus private, I wouldn't worry about it.

I had ds out for a week from prep when I took him to Brussels to see dh as our half terms were different. There were also getting to school issues that week as one of the main bridges that connects Cornwall to Devon was out of use, so that meant an hour long drive to get to school instead of the normal 15 minutes. There was no problem at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now