Talk

Advanced search

help with art please!!!!!!

(4 Posts)
mistermister Sat 26-Sep-09 15:38:58

Could any MNs/teachers help please? My DS is trying to find a web site that shows examples of art made by using words that match parts of what you have drawn, i.e. he wants to do a dog, so have printed out numerous copies of "tail" to make into the shape of the tail, "ears" to make shape of ears, etc...etc... we just cannot find a site that gives help and/or shows examples!! Any direction v much appreciated. Thank you. smile

primarymum Sat 26-Sep-09 17:11:28

Have a look for calligrams ( I think that's what you mean!) There's one here of an ant.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/yF4ImO9NuE/RwDfoJWdQ0I/AAAAAAAAALI/mpCOei939Os/s400/53ebbecffa9b2 63f.jpg

primarymum Sat 26-Sep-09 17:12:26

Ermm, not sure what happenned there, the website address clearly couldn't fit the page, but I hope it helps!

mistermister Sat 26-Sep-09 17:29:36

Primarymum, a MASSIVE thank you!!! I found the ant - good example!! My DS has decided to do a human and is planning to outline it in a darker shade/different font. Thank you so much - just knowing the proper name was extremely helpful when looking on the net!! I love MumsNet, it's so helpful for so many things! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now