Talk

Advanced search

ds wants to learn Spanish - what is there out there for 4 year olds apart from Muzzy and Dora?

(5 Posts)
thegrammerpolicesic Fri 25-Sep-09 17:44:47

Since our holiday ds is really into Spanish, can count to 20 and insists on using Spanish instead of English when counting things hmm. He says he wants to learn more.I love the fact he's enthusiastic so might as well go along with it.

What could he do? don't really fancy Muzzy as heard bad things on here. There's a Spanish club at school but it's for older ones and he doesn't even do full days yet. No Spanish classes for 4 year olds locally so it needs to be a book or DVD or something.

Any ideas welcome.

No nasty pushy parent comments please - I'm not a pushy parent - he wants to do it.

easylife73 Fri 25-Sep-09 20:07:16

You could try Usborne books - they have a large language section for all sorts of ages - sticker books etc for little ones.

foxinsocks Fri 25-Sep-09 20:10:19

I don't know where you are but round here we have independent people who come into the school to do fun Spanish lessons for the children

if he's not at reception, might be worth asking the school or even the secondary (where they probably offer Spanish) to see if someone teaches privately

thegrammerpolicesic Sat 26-Sep-09 09:10:12

Usborne Spanish book on order - thanks easylife. I think I'll leave it at that for now and see if his enthusiasm continues before spending any more money.

Fox - they do Spanish at school but not in reception and he is in reception so too young for it.

ladypinky Sat 26-Sep-09 22:48:39

Hi OP
I have used the Skoldo books(for French, but they do Spanish aswell) they come with a cd great if you don't speak any of the language.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now