Talk

Advanced search

Midhurst, Sussex

(4 Posts)
pudding1976 Fri 04-Sep-09 14:24:09

Hi there
looking to move to Midhurst and was wondering if any local mums could tell me if firstly, the local schools and nurseries are good, and secondly if it's a nice area to be a mummy in. Is there much to do, is it easy to meet local mums and are you all smug and delighted to live in Midhurst? Thank you so much! xx

itsabingthing Sun 06-Sep-09 22:13:45

I moved away years and years ago but miss Midhurst desperately - but that's probably something to do with idyllic childhood in the woods and fields. I don't have any current knowledge of the schools, but unless the town has grown massively it will still only have one primary and the Grammar at secondary, which rebadged last year as an academy. Which makes everything, in terms of choosing a school, very easy, especially as the one private prep, the Convent, closed this year (although I wonder where all those children will go now?)
I hope you get some current mums replying - I couldn't let a mention of Midhurst pass without someone chipping in!

hophophippidtyhop Tue 08-Sep-09 13:25:29

My sister has just moved from midhurst, though I can't tell you about my own experience, I know that my nephew was very happy at the nursery attached to the school there. Picked him up a couple of times and it looked good, though i have nothing to judge it against. There was also a montessori one in town, I think. She liked midhurst, just needed to be nearer to family.

sailorsgal Tue 08-Sep-09 13:47:32

There is another prep school called Conifers in Midhurst.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now