Talk

Advanced search

who has tried completing their DCS 11+ "non -verbal reasonning" familiarization tests?

(11 Posts)
gorionine Tue 01-Sep-09 11:28:23

Ouch it is soooooo hard! I am doing them with DD1 in preparation for a school entry test she has got soon and I am struggling! If you found them easy, have you got any tip?

AramintaCane Tue 01-Sep-09 11:47:17

bond how to do non verbal reasoning book will help

gorionine Tue 01-Sep-09 11:50:02

Not sure I understand you post AramintaCaneblush!

<<never realised she was that thick>>

AramintaCane Tue 01-Sep-09 11:52:07

Sorry I am trying to work at the same time. Look up Bond How to do verbal resoning on Amazon. They are excellent books. Also look on their website. Do a google search for the same thing and you will find it. Good luck it gets much easier once it is explained. smile

AramintaCane Tue 01-Sep-09 11:53:09

sorry reasoning not resoning - I wouldn't pass would I grin

gorionine Tue 01-Sep-09 11:55:51

Thanks! I will look it up now!grin

Milliways Tue 01-Sep-09 22:36:23

I used that book to try & explain things to DS!

It worried me that sometimes I could look at the answers and still not get it blush

DD still can't do them! She said it was a good thing they weren't in the Oxbridge tests grin

Miggsie Thu 03-Sep-09 18:10:31

There are the "how to do non verbal reasoning" books on Amazon.

They are basically a formula...you just have to spot the pattern.

Doobydoo Thu 03-Sep-09 18:14:04

Susan Daughtrey apparently writes good books explaining process etc...theses are recommended on 11+ forum[we haven't got them though]also NFER do tests with notes explaining etc.and BOND,all on Amazon

weblette Thu 03-Sep-09 18:18:04

Can recommend Bond books, very user-friendly.

gorionine Fri 04-Sep-09 10:53:13

We have done a lot of NFER practice ones. It is the Thought process I really would like to crack IYSWIM I will try the Susan Daughtery one as well! thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now