Talk

Advanced search

sorry long - tresspassing on school grounds out of ours and also need school governenrs POV

(7 Posts)
bruffin Tue 04-Aug-09 14:17:10

Old bag lady lives on our estate and her house is adjacent to primary school playing field. Her house is seperated from field by a gully, wire fence and trees/bushes.

Both my children went to the school (DD just left and DS left 2 yrs ago)

Also on school grounds is a scout hut so they therefore use the playing field when the weather is nice.

Now old bag lady hates children and has called the police several times in the past saying yobs are running riot in the school when she knows very well that it's the scouts playing runouts etc

She has also taken an extreme dislike to my DS even though he has never done anything to merit it. He is mature beyond his years and well behaved. She had a go at him through the school fence when he was in yr6 when he was on the field during golden time and I had to complain to HM about it.

End of term we had a family picnic on the field , she called DS over and said that she wanted a leader as she said they were throwing stuff at her house. DS pointed out that it was impossible to throw things at her house because of trees and fence in the way, then came and told me. I spoke to a leader who went to talk to another leader and before anything could be sorted out, old lady had got in her car and driven round and was having a go at leaders and being particularly malicious about DS.She claimed she would get scouts banned from field etc.
She then went home and rang vicar (lady vicar who lives next to school) who timidly came round to confront yob scouts only to find they were mainly little beavers playing with the parachute and with lots of parents.

Old lady also gets on the phone to school governers.
Next day was last day of term and i went to leaving assembly but by the end of the day I developed swine flu and was really in the mood to talk to anyone for a couple of weeks.

HM apparently talked to the leaders and is furious that old bag came onto her school, without permission and a CRB check grin(CRB was TIC) and HM was no way going to let old bag have her way over banning scouts on the field and from what I can gather further events will be encouragedgrin

Thankfully everyone she ranted to that night about DS know him and know she is being ridiculous.
My part in this is that I am on the Scout Committee as treasurer and also DS's involvment. I don't know what will come of this but I want to be prepared for anything further.
She was obviously tresspassing on the school grounds out of hours.

Also how would school governers view her complaint

LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 04-Aug-09 14:22:23

The governors would support the HT most likely, unless there is anything further that you haven't mentioned. I don't think you have to worry much, if this situation came up at our GB meeting we would definitely not back one batty old lady against the Scouts, unless she could provide some concrete evidence to back up her claims.
She is probably well known as a local nuisance by the sounds of it.

bruffin Tue 04-Aug-09 19:24:48

Thanks, no I'm sure she has no evidence, but she has been known to lie ie claimed scouts were on roof of the school, when it is impossible for them to get up there. She is heavily involved with the church and therefore socializes with school governers and even some of the scout leaders. Never says anything to them just rings police behind their back.

nlondondad Sat 22-Aug-09 18:52:24

The school Governors would be bound to support the Head.

Some one whose property adjoins a school has to put up with reasonable use.

If the old lady continues to be have in this way the school should consider seeking an anti social behaviour order (ASBO) against her.

cupcakesinthesnow Sat 22-Aug-09 19:09:53

If she is calling the police so much when she knows damn well it is the scouts or beavers doing nothing inappropriate surely she is wasting police time and maybe a community liason officer or something should be asked to go and speak to her regarding HER behaviour? She is guiilty of harrassement imo!

piscesmoon Sat 22-Aug-09 19:17:51

I wouldn't worry-I expect she has quite a (bad) name for herself and will be ignored.
The govenors will back the Head.

piscesmoon Sat 22-Aug-09 19:18:35

Sorry -governors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now