Talk

Advanced search

I don't like any of the local schools :(

(8 Posts)
CherylCole Fri 31-Jul-09 10:50:55

I've been spoilt basically we lived in a lovely little town with beautiful schools private and state, really hard to choose which you liked best.
Now had to move for DH's job and I don't like any of the state schools and there isn't a private school I consider to be worth paying for either

alardi Fri 31-Jul-09 11:30:55

Go on, tell, what's wrong with your (now) local state or private schools?

hercules1 Fri 31-Jul-09 11:31:59

Give us more information.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 31-Jul-09 11:32:33

bet it's because you 'had' to move and nothing really to do with the schools.

sad for you though. It's horrible moving when you don't want to.

carocaro Fri 31-Jul-09 11:32:50

have you been to look round them all? what is it you don't like? are the results terrible? do the schools have bad reputations? have you talked to any other parents in the locality to get opinions? don't just judge a book by it's cover. Can you be more specific?

Lilybunny Fri 31-Jul-09 11:33:34

Have you considered home educating? It's definitely worth doing a little research about it if you're not sure, but it is always an option.

If Home ed is not for you then you could consider joining the board of governors at which ever school you choose and seeing what can be done to improve things.

Good luck x

CherylCole Fri 31-Jul-09 11:46:13

There's nothing "wrong" with any of them in terms of performance, it's the feel of them I guess.
And we're new and we don't want to be and we find it hard adjusting to change.
Am trying to make the best of it but because we don't know the area and the schools it's hard t make an educated decision and I so want to get it right for them.

Lovesdogsandcats Fri 31-Jul-09 12:02:27

This is hard. I would not be asking the neighbours to recommend a school. When I moved here was not keen on local schools results, and ALL the local kids went there. So mine got the school bus to travel to one a couple miles away.

Look at the results on the web as a first step. Next see if you can find any recent ofsted report, again on the web.
Then go visit with open mind, get a feel for the place, do the kids look happy, do the teachers appear happy, is the atmosphere nice and friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now