Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

starting reception, part time and childcare arrgh!

(4 Posts)
SolidGoldBrass Wed 08-Jul-09 23:43:50

Ok so DS is going to start school in September. He has been in nursery 2.5 days a week which means I can work 2.5 days a week. When he starts school he will be mornings-only for a month. Is it going to be feasible to get a childminder for two afternoons a week for the first month then two half-afternoons (ie pick up from school and mind) during term time? How does everyone else manage?

BCNS Wed 08-Jul-09 23:47:34

haven't been a childminder for ages.. but i used to do that type of thing with a couple of mums.. and so it all panned out.

quite a few of my friends have alsohave been childminders who have done this... or who have had their dc's with childminders just like this too.

have a good call about and see who is available .. there might jolly well be minders who already pick up from your school.. who maybe able to help out. .

smee Thu 09-Jul-09 12:31:27

A mother at DS's school has found a lovely woman - a student looking for some extra cash. She picks up from school 3 days a week and takes him to the park or home to play. You could try someone like that. Sort of an honourary big sister.

sally84 Fri 10-Jul-09 06:44:09

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now