Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about EYFS reports/ goals and whether I should have been told how ds is doing against them

(10 Posts)
pigswithfludontfly Wed 08-Jul-09 20:40:05

Ds is 4, in pre-school of a state primary. Starts school in September. What should I expect to receive by way of an end of year report? Will I normally get to comment on what is sent to his new school for reception?

How come I've never seen any of this before? never been mentioned by the preschool.

pigswithfludontfly Wed 08-Jul-09 23:07:49

Bump

pigswithfludontfly Fri 10-Jul-09 10:03:03

Bumping...

ihavenosecrets Fri 10-Jul-09 10:05:05

We received a report at the end of nursery. I assumed it was standard.

pigswithfludontfly Fri 10-Jul-09 10:25:50

What was it like Ihaveno in terms of format?

ihavenosecrets Fri 10-Jul-09 11:30:16

It is a learning record with lots of individual assessments and photographs. It gives examples of how ds performed in certain key areas e.g physical development - it shows ds riding a bike. It is very detailed.

sagacious Fri 10-Jul-09 11:44:57

Pre school don't have to give out reports to parents irrc. They keep records but they're for the people who really matter ... didn't you see Torchwood last night?)

grin

pigswithfludontfly Fri 10-Jul-09 12:27:17

Sore point about Torchwood as I recorded it but ds is off school sick and I daren't watch it with him around as it might scare him....hoping to watch it before the next one tonight!!!

coppertop Fri 10-Jul-09 12:42:39

At ours there are no reports but parents are invited in to look through their child's record of achievement before it is sent on to the new school.

mrz Sat 11-Jul-09 10:45:17

There is no formal requirement to report to nursery parents against Early Learning Goals as these are aimed for the end of EYFS (reception)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now