Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever ordered from School Surplus.co.uk???

(11 Posts)
Yurtgirl Wed 08-Jul-09 11:46:07

I would like to order from School Surplus.co.uk - a web company that sells you guessed it surplus school stuff at fantastic prices!

here

I cant get the payment facility to work for some reason - I have sent them two emails during the last week about this and another question........... and they havent bothered to answer!!!!!

So I am just wondering really what to do next!
Has anyone ordered from them before?
Are they usually reliable?

TIA

Yurtgirl Wed 08-Jul-09 14:34:42

Bump - I have just emailed them again!

Their site is still refusing to accept my order - maybe I should give up and assume they are on holiday and cant be bothered with customers

I really really want to receive this order though

They currently have 3 emails from me awaiting attention!!!

Fab goodies on their site though

Kayteee Thu 09-Jul-09 08:33:08

I didn't think you'd be needing school stuff after the summer?? smile

Have you decided not to HE then?

Yurtgirl Thu 09-Jul-09 21:06:29

No no kaytee you misunderstand - but thankyou for noticing my forlorn post!
School surplus have noticed me now cos I sent a rather ratty email asking them to contact me so I could submit my order as their site crashes - a lot!!!

They have fab fab stuff at very very cheap prices - all the sort of stuff my lo's love - Im planning to be fairly autonomous its true but ds took one look at the fraction circles and "hexagram weights" school surplus sell and was begging for me to ge them

Yes the plan is that my los will finish school next week, see how we get along during the summer and then submit the letter 1 September - I dont want to do it now just incase......

Ds behaviour has been really silly recently, highly influenced by seemingly innocent looking children at school. I am hoping that with 6 weeks at home the old ds returns.......

If it does then along the HE road we go
If he is continues to be the way he is atm then sadly statementing is the only solution as I really cant cope with him 24/7 the way he is atm

IlanaK Thu 09-Jul-09 21:08:20

I placed an order with them last week. Not received it yet though. I seem to remember in my other life when I ran nurseries, I ordered from them too.

Yurtgirl Thu 09-Jul-09 21:11:54

Ilanak - they have some great bargains dont they

I am too blush to admit how many £££ I spent!

1dilemma Thu 09-Jul-09 22:27:38

oh interesting site I rally want some more magnetic words and wooden cuisenaire rods I loved those at school but no luck sad

Yurtgirl Thu 09-Jul-09 22:50:11

pedant pedant
They have some great bargains havent they

1dilemma - I want need cusinaire rods too this site has them

School surplus have got loads of things that cant be bought in shops - ds was almost drooling (twas funny!) at all sorts of different stuff!

Yurtgirl Thu 09-Jul-09 22:51:07

Magnetic words - try wilkinsons, ours has them cheaper than rrp

cuppycakesong Fri 10-Jul-09 13:36:09

I have noticed that the rrp is inflated in many cases, and as you then have to add vat separately, the savings are really not as juicy as they seem. The website is painfully slow too.

Kayteee Fri 10-Jul-09 16:51:00

oh, sorry to hear that Yurtgirl, let's hope things get better over the summer for you.

With regard to deregging, the sooner the better imo. If this bloody report gets passed through you may find it a lot harder to do it in the future. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now