Talk

Advanced search

pressies for teachers??

(5 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Mon 06-Jul-09 19:43:35

Hi, I'm not sure what to get my daughters nursery teachers as pressies for end of term.
Would some Thorntons chocks and a nice card do?, I've left it a bit late as she breaks up on thursday.

thelennox Mon 06-Jul-09 19:48:59

Hi. I'm teacher, and from personal experience can say that while we are touched by all of the presents, we really really don't expect them! In fact, I just end up feeling guilty - we do get paid for what we do! Chocolates are definitely fine, or bunch of garage forecourt flowers! Best gift I have ever had was a beautifully written letter from one child's mum, thanking me for everything I had done for her child that year. I still have it!smile So please don't worry about a pressie. If it is for teachers plural, a box of choccies is even better! We love to share

mummyloveslucy Mon 06-Jul-09 19:56:46

Thanks, it's tricky really as it's a very small class and all the parents except one that I know of give a present at the end of term.
I always send a card with nice words in it too. Last year I made photo cards with the teacher and my daughter on them, and little flowers with Thank you on the front.
If I had more time, I'd do that again.
She is acctually leaving the school in January, so I'll do something special then. (I'll have time to think of something too). grin

liliputlady Fri 10-Jul-09 19:28:31

When my d was at nursery, there were several helpers, all lovely. To thank them at the end of the year we made up a lucky dip bag with small prezzies in that cost about £1 each - pens, small tubes of handcream etc. They always seem to get lots of chocs, so thought it'd break the monotony!

sagacious Fri 10-Jul-09 19:41:46

I give them all (ta's and teachers) a bottle of wine each.

Get the dc's to write on the label

Easy and no wrapping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now