Talk

Advanced search

Work experience Cost!

(8 Posts)
noddyholder Mon 06-Jul-09 09:00:10

My ds is doing work experience this week.the cost of fares to get there and lunch money for the week is £35!We can afford this atm but I was wondering what happens for people who just couldn't find that sort of money for a week out of the family budget?

noddyholder Mon 06-Jul-09 13:06:38

No one then!i was ranting last night about how presumptious the school is blah blah but maybe that was PMT!!!!!!!grin

scienceteacher Mon 06-Jul-09 17:39:45

£7 a day doesn't seem unreasonable.

WE isn't usually compulsory, and there is the option of requesting a placement within walking/cycling distance from home.

I had to buy a suit for DS for his WE, and his daily cost was almost £15.

It was a very valuable week for him, so I think it was a price worth paying.

noddyholder Mon 06-Jul-09 17:43:03

I agree it is well worth it and ds is home and thoroughly enjoyed it.but i was thinking it was a lot as for some people that is a lot

MABS Mon 13-Jul-09 18:23:57

where he doing it?

hocuspontas Mon 13-Jul-09 18:34:15

dd1 cycled and took a packed lunch so cost nothing. And they gave her a 'wage' at the end (£35) - very unexpected!

Wonderstuff Mon 13-Jul-09 18:35:34

I think that schools normally have a small fund that will help out with things like this if there a family is really unable to fund it.

mumeeee Mon 13-Jul-09 20:09:21

Does he have to have lunch money could hetake a packed lunch?
DD3 did her work experiance in a place about 5 monutes walk from home so she didn't have any bus fares to yake and she took a packed lunch most days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now