Talk

Advanced search

School's Out

(13 Posts)
Mistymoo Thu 02-Jul-09 22:29:21

Anyone else now have their kids at home. We've broken up today for six weeks. They finished at 12 and the rain started pouring at about 3pm!!

islandofsodor Thu 02-Jul-09 22:33:31

They break up tomorrow for 9 weeks.

Hulababy Thu 02-Jul-09 22:34:34

Not yet.

DD finishes at noon next week and has 8 weeks off. I finish the week after and have 7 weeks off.

Mistymoo Thu 02-Jul-09 22:36:25

Wow 9 and 8 weeks, that's a long time. Where do you live?

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 02-Jul-09 22:41:09

DD is home as she has finished school for good (she is 15, 16 in august). She is at her prom tonight.
Dh has just phoned to say he can't pick her up now, and I am ready for bed. Tempted to go and collect her in my nightie but It would be sod's law that I'd have to get out the car. grin

Mistymoo Thu 02-Jul-09 22:50:35

I'm sure she'd be delighted to see you standing there in your nightie wink

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 02-Jul-09 23:23:30

{grin] am off to get her now

I have got dressed!

Hulababy Fri 03-Jul-09 13:08:10

Mistymoo - DD is at independent school and they always get a week longer in the summer, at Christmas and at Easter.

zanzibarmum Fri 03-Jul-09 20:10:34

Do private schools effectively stop teaching 2 or 3 weeks before the end of their (shorter) term or is that just state schools.

clayre Fri 03-Jul-09 20:13:02

Ours finished yesterday at 12, today ds locking himself in the kitchen when i was in the shower, feel off a plastic childs ikea chair and took the skin off his back then burst his lip in the garden this afternoon, heres to the next 6 weeks..............

islandofsodor Fri 03-Jul-09 23:05:07

Dd's school definately does not stop teaching the last few weeks. They do have sports day and speech day etc but ds for example in reception class started a new mini topic on dinosaurs 2 weeks ago and they broke up todday.

snorkle Fri 03-Jul-09 23:08:00

sometimes I wonder if our (independent) school does any real teaching in the second half of the summer term, let alone the last couple of weeks. They do say they try & keep them working to the end, but not much work really happens ime. They finished lunchtime today too.

milou2 Mon 06-Jul-09 00:29:41

Yes, I'm loving it so far! I can stay in bed in the morning. We need more food though, all mine do is eat and sleep in the holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now