Talk

Advanced search

Parents evenings..... Year 11 +

(4 Posts)
GypsyMoth Wed 01-Jul-09 21:20:01

Just attended year 11 parents evening with dd. Occured to me that that's it now. Her last one. She's 16 next year ( where have those years gone?!)

So, question is, as she'll be going into sixth form for A levels, will they have parents evenings? Or is that it?

Am I now finished and redundant with regards her education?

webwiz Wed 01-Jul-09 21:56:06

DD1 had parents evenings in the sixth form that were pretty much the same as in the main school (except fewer subjects). We got interim monitorings - effort/predicted grades type things as well. Then of course there are meetings about UCAS, personal statements and university finance so you're not quite done yet smile.

DD1 has just finsihed her A levels and has her sixth form prom on friday. Then as soon as they have got rid of the old lot DD2 is in school on Monday for sixth form induction - two days of A level taster lessons followed by three days of team building (raft building, abseiling etc etc) in Dorset. Since I have to pay for new outfits that are suitable for falling out of a canoe but will still make DD2 look attractive to any of the male prospective sixth formers, I still feel very involved in her educationgrin

Hassled Wed 01-Jul-09 22:01:29

DS1 and DD had parents evenings in Yrs 12 & 13.

It was in the one in Yr 12 for DS1 that the conversations were so bad that I cried. Biology finished me off - I was told that DS1 had been asked to write about respiration for his Mock AS, and instead wrote a short story about wind turbines. The Biology teacher actually hugged me.

GypsyMoth Wed 01-Jul-09 22:08:33

Oh good! I am pleased then!

Just had a very quick parents evening, only saw 3 teachers, but felt they were all too hot and bothered to say much!

Glad I'll still be needed for some time to come

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now