Talk

Advanced search

Another playtime inside school..anyone else

(7 Posts)
GingerIgnoramus Wed 01-Jul-09 17:38:47

having this?
kids cross

Jumente Wed 01-Jul-09 17:41:55

I'm envious, actually, ours get sent out and their suncream is meant to last all day sad makes me very worried.

Hulababy Wed 01-Jul-09 17:43:50

No, DD has been able to play out at all 3 playtimes. She wears once a day suncrea and takes a hat and this seems to be sufficient. The playground has areas of shade and they have full access to water as and when they want it. Would be horrid if DD was cooped up inside all day - her classroom is ever so hot.

Simialrly children at the infant school I work at have been playing out. There are shaded areas and access to water, so no problem. They are advised to have suncream and hats too.

happywomble Wed 01-Jul-09 18:05:50

both children have played in the woods at their respective schools.

trickerg Wed 01-Jul-09 21:15:55

OMG! There are people moaning about their children going out, and moaning about their children staying in.

Teachers can't win, so I think you should all keep your kids at home and decide what to do with them yourselves.

funnypeculiar Wed 01-Jul-09 21:17:47

Ds got to watch (age appropriate films on)TV in the air conditioned ITC suite at lunch for the last 3 days. He is going to be gutted when the rain arrives grin

I thought it was really sensible, actually....

mummyrex Thu 02-Jul-09 10:37:49

I really am bemused by all the fuss. They are hardly out for any length of time. I was in school this morning and the poor receptionist had a mum on the phone grilling her about how long they were going to be out, how much shade there was etc etc (the children in question had hats and suncream etc)

I only put suncream on if they are going to have an additional session outside like PE or an outside visit.

My children are very fair and none of them has ever had a sunburn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now