Talk

Advanced search

where to go for enrichment classes

(5 Posts)
greenpeople Wed 24-Jun-09 14:28:46

hi, i am new to blackheath and uk. is there a place/society which provides various sport activities/enrichment classes/swimming for children?

my ds (5 years old) is keen on taekwando and does anyone know a school or class for him?

thanks

pigswithfludontfly Wed 24-Jun-09 18:18:58

I doubt many people over here are going to know what an enrichment class is - can you elaborate? Does it mean what we Brits tend to call 'extra-curricular' - sports/ music/ classes outside of the more academic side of things at school?

If so there will be tons of classes like this in a family-friendly area like Blackheath. Worth looking out for noticeboards at school/ the library/ kids clothes shops. Good luck with finding something fun - maybe someone will be along from that area soon with more info and ideas!

greenpeople Wed 24-Jun-09 19:11:20

hi,

yes, enrichment class is "extra curricular" class - sports/music/dance/speech & drama as well as tuition (english, maths, science).

will checkout the noticeboards.

thanks wink

pigswithfludontfly Wed 24-Jun-09 21:10:38

Have you asked on your Mumsnet local section too?

greenpeople Wed 24-Jun-09 22:21:05

hi pigswithfludontfly,

i didnt know of its existence till i read your msg. usually i would just go straight to the discussion forum and check out.

noted thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now