Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Interactive white boards, are they bad news ???

(7 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Tue 23-Jun-09 21:13:03

My daughter is due to start primary school in January. Her school has these interactive white boards. I've heard that they might not be good for our childrens developing brains. I'm a bit worried about the long tern effects of these.
Does anyone have more info on these? I'm probubly worrying about nothing, what do you thik?

Hassled Tue 23-Jun-09 21:15:13

I think you're probably worrying about nothing .

They're widely used in many schools and are a really useful teaching aide which the children love. I've never been aware of any damage to brains, but find it hard to believe that they would be used so widely if there were any sort of problem with them.

EccentricaGallumbits Tue 23-Jun-09 21:22:37

Its the unsubstatiated wireless computer thingamybob you've heard about.
is bollocks. probably.
nothing proved nor disproved. like ultrasound and aliens.

cazzybabs Tue 23-Jun-09 21:24:55

I have one in my classroom - connected to computer by wires no WIFI (apart from internet but that goes to computer anyway)... Most schools have them.

My class love it

spongebrainmaternitypants Tue 23-Jun-09 21:29:39

mummyloveslucy, your DD is v lucky to have access to the technology - whiteboards are fab! They have totally revolutionised teaching (for those who have been trained to use them) and the kids love them! grin

mummyloveslucy Tue 23-Jun-09 21:32:55

Oh, well that's o.k then. grin

I thought they looked great, but I've heard people talking about them and became concerned.

EdwardBitMe Tue 23-Jun-09 21:38:10

There's wireless technology all around us. Cafes and restaurants, shops etc. It's not the sort of thing you can avoid really.
It's also still fairly new, so it's not been proven to be safe, but also not proven it's dangerous.

I have a Smart board in my room and it has really enriched the teaching. It provides much more stimulus and keeps the children engaed and focussed.
I'm not concerned about my son being in the class with a board (he starts in Sept too!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now