Talk

Advanced search

DD will be fine in crocs- somebody tell me to stop being ridiculous!!!

(24 Posts)
karise Wed 17-Jun-09 17:18:43

DD's school shoes are dead!
Always buy Clarks or Startrite but I just know if I buy new ones now she'll be out of them by September so will only have 4 weeks wear hmm
Just bought some 'alice' (strap across the front) crocs online & hoping she will make do, but really worried she won't be able to run around safely in them blush (she's 6)
Please someone tell my I'm worrying unnecessarily!!!

Fimbo Wed 17-Jun-09 17:19:31

DD's school don't allow Crocs.

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 17:19:46

I would be suprsied if school let her

singersgirl Wed 17-Jun-09 17:20:07

Neither does the DSs' school.

UndertheBoredwalk Wed 17-Jun-09 17:20:59

Nope no crocs allowed at our school either. I'd check!

GrapefruitMoon Wed 17-Jun-09 17:21:34

I would have gone for trainers or sandals (if the school allows them) which could be worn through the summer/at weekends.

ellingwoman Wed 17-Jun-09 17:21:51

Same here.

Why don't you just buy some smart plimsoll/trainer type shoes for the rest of term. Crocs are not safe shoes to wear in the melee that is school.

Fimbo Wed 17-Jun-09 17:22:04

Marks & Spencer are quite reasonably priced for school shoes.

sassy Wed 17-Jun-09 17:23:57

Another no crocs school here.
Dd1's school shoes have just given up the ghost so I have bought her a pair of canvas doodle types from Next for about £9. These are fine.

karise Wed 17-Jun-09 17:24:19

They don't look like crocs!
They look just like a Mary-Jane & are called Alice.
You're all making me worry more now!

ScummyMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 17:24:19

Running around is safe in crocs. If your school doesn't have anti-croc shoe rules all will be grand, I'm sure.

BigusBumus Wed 17-Jun-09 17:25:17

Get her feet measured in Clarkes and then buy them on eBay in the right size. SO many people buy their kids new shoes and then they don't get worn very much and they seel them after a week or two!

I get LOADS this way for my kids.

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 17:25:56

Oh fgs get her a pair of shoes.

BigusBumus Wed 17-Jun-09 17:26:00

sell, obviously....

Fimbo Wed 17-Jun-09 17:30:56

Have a look on here. Your dd's size is probably cheaper than the Crocs.

princessmel Wed 17-Jun-09 17:31:22

ds runs in crocs ALL the time.

But ds's school is a no-croc school too.

I'd get her some from M+S, Matalan, Next, tesco etc etc.

I have recently done the same for ds.

FrontRowFig that is a very unhelpful post.

Money is very tight for some people. And just spending £40 in Clarks isn't an option.

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 17-Jun-09 17:34:03

well tbh a pair of crocs is the best part of £20, not much more for a proper pair of shoes, non?

FWIW our school has a no-crocs policy too

princessmel Wed 17-Jun-09 17:38:23

I got dd some Alice crocs in sale for £10.

But she can't wear them as they don't fit yet!!

I'd get some cheaper school shoes to last till sept.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 17-Jun-09 17:39:45

I'd just buy a new pair of shoes TBH. I've never really had a problem with either of my ds's feet growing much over the summer. It's only 6 weeks after all.

DS2 (4) had to have new shoes at Easter as he wrecked the last pair. I'm hoping they will last into the new term.

NorbertDentressangle Wed 17-Jun-09 17:43:35

Another school that won't allow Crocs here.

DDs school shoes needed replacing a couple of weeks ago (same happened last year) -normally she wears Startrite ones at £40 a go but we just bought some Next black leather ones for about £15.

karise Wed 17-Jun-09 18:03:16

Same shoes I think 'princessmel'
Don't want to buy new shoes really as DD is changing schools and I don't know the new uniform policy until 2 weeks time!
Will they really notice they are crocs? I don't think it's obvious!
Thanks for the link 'Fimbo'. I've looked but there's nothing wide enough sad
I would leave her in plimsoles if it wasn't for the wet weather & end of term plays etc. At least these will be black!

princessmel Wed 17-Jun-09 18:05:38

Maybe send her in them and see if the teachers mention them.

karise Wed 17-Jun-09 18:08:50

I think that's what I'll do 'princessmel'. Tbh I don't really care what school think as long as they're black & she's safe to run in them! Was just worried about the safety of them...

chimchar Wed 17-Jun-09 18:20:32

same situation here.

i struck lucky and got dd a lovely pair of mary jane style leather hush puppies in tk maxx. cost me £11....

i wouldn't have a problem with crocs though tbh. (i'm a secret croc wearer, but shhh! don't tell anyone!wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now