Talk

Advanced search

Teaching Assistants wages

(7 Posts)
deste Tue 16-Jun-09 20:11:37

My DD has applied for a job as a teaching assistant in a primary school (England). The wages she has been told are £9.500 a year full time. Up here in Scotland the wages are nearer £13.500 for the same job. Does anyone know if the £9.500 is correct or has there been a mistake.

OrmIrian Tue 16-Jun-09 20:12:52

I think it's nearer the higher figure. But is the job she's applying for part-time? Lots of them are. And they are pro-rata term time only.

OrmIrian Tue 16-Jun-09 20:13:46

Oh sorry. Just seen that it's full-time. Could be different level on the pay scale I suppose.

Hulababy Tue 16-Jun-09 20:14:13

It depends on what level TA as well. Level 1 pays much lower than Level 4 for example. Also bear in mind it is pro rata 39 weeks a year.

deste Tue 16-Jun-09 22:44:15

It sounds like it is pro rata but I dont know if that was made clear at the interview. What are the different levels if you dont mind me asking? She has a first class honours degree but in a non related subject although it could be used in the school and the schools are hoping to use her skills.

cornflake3 Wed 17-Jun-09 10:00:02

HI i am a TA and i get about £9.000 a yr, as its pro rata so it is the lower wage i'm afriad

deste Wed 17-Jun-09 21:17:47

Thanks cornflake3. That means we will be supporting her for another year, she is hoping to do the GTP next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now