Talk

Advanced search

Changing schools question.

(7 Posts)
sun13 Sat 13-Jun-09 10:56:38

Hi everyone!

I need some advice. We are going to be moving out of the borough that we are living in at the moment. I have a child in reception class. I wanted to keep him in the same school. When i inform the school about the move, will they say that i have to transfer my child to another school in the new borough that we are moving to? I do not want to change his school and am willing to travel to do the school rounds. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

sun13 Sat 13-Jun-09 10:57:41

Hi everyone!

I need some advice. We are going to be moving out of the borough that we are living in at the moment. I have a child in reception class. I wanted to keep him in the same school. When i inform the school about the move, will they say that i have to transfer my child to another school in the new borough that we are moving to? I do not want to change his school and am willing to travel to do the school rounds. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

hercules1 Sat 13-Jun-09 10:58:32

No, you can keep him there. Lots of parents move.

sun13 Sat 13-Jun-09 11:02:12

Thanks for the advice hercules1!

hercules1 Sat 13-Jun-09 18:48:07

Oh sorry, just reread your post. You're moving out of borough. Not sure now. It may be that they have a mutual agreement between the boroughs. I think you need to check properly or at least I've bumped you.

sunnydelight Sun 14-Jun-09 23:35:25

I've never heard of anyone being asked to take a child out of a school if they move, but you probably wouldn't get a sibling in.

sun13 Mon 15-Jun-09 13:11:18

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now