Talk

Advanced search

Primary schools SW12

(6 Posts)
nmum Fri 05-Jun-09 10:52:09

Have just bought a house in SW12 and am looking at schools for DD5 and DS7. Been to visit Broomwood Hall and Northcote Lodge. Both seemed friendly and happy schools any body have experience with these or other nearby schools.Thankyou

wilbur Fri 05-Jun-09 10:57:25

nmum - welcome to SW12! Ds2 goes to nursery round the corner from Broomwood Hall - it's a popular school, but quite formal and traditional, from what I hear. If that's what you are looking for, you'll be v happy. I would also look at Finton House and Hornsby House, both lovely schools, and HH is in the middle of building a new dining hall that looks very good - we were v impressed with the school and staff when we went round.

On the state side - if you are near Henry Cavendish on Hydethorpe Road, that is an excellent school and will save you a fortune!

nmum Fri 05-Jun-09 11:15:02

wilbur
thankyou for your prompt reply we are off to visit Finton and Hornsby next week. Have to decide soon though.

1dilemma Sat 06-Jun-09 14:58:51

HC got a poor OFSTED for early years recently wilbur (felt very sorry for new head it looked like she had been there about a month at the time)

OP I'm taking it you mean private schools? HH seems very highly rated but I think it's on a first come first served basis and has long waiting lists. I have friends with dcs at Thomas' who rate it highly but it is not for everyone I know.

wilbur Sat 06-Jun-09 15:51:51

The not so good OFSTED at HC was because there was a paperwork failing between the old head and new head, and OFSTED didn't get everything they needed for another Outstanding, only Good. New head is supposed to be excellent - my Godson and his sister go there and they are doing v well. Catchment is tiny though.

nmum - are you in Nightingale Triangle or further down into SW12? There's also the pre-prep Bertrum House, but I don't know anything about it particularly. One thing about Finton when we looked at it (loved it, what a nice school) was that they seemed to lose a lot of their boys at 7 when they move to a boys prep that will take them until 13. I know they were trying to do something about this, so it may be more balanced in the upper years now.

FWIW, my dcs are at a school in Battersea which we love, and we take the train there which takes about 10 mins in the morning and it's great because dh can drop them on his way into work on Fridays. Only works if you are short walk from Balham or Wandsworth Common stations.

scoggins Sat 06-Jun-09 23:43:35

Ooh london Mumsnetters - know any good schools in SE27?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now