Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed for Year 4 Art Lesson!

(8 Posts)
doglover Wed 27-May-09 13:46:24

I've just posted this in the art and craft topic but thought that someone glancing here may have some nuggets of wisdom,too. I've got a Year 4 class in a couple of weeks for a 2 hour lessson; their topic is 'Houses and Homes'. They have already completed a clay plaque, a watercolour painting of their dream home and wallpaper printed designs. I really need a one-off lesson with a 'wow' factor for an important display. Maybe collage? Maybe .........?! Please help!

thumbwitch Wed 27-May-09 13:49:17

what about homes through the ages - start with caves, move onto log huts, then wattle and daub, etc etc? Might be a bit "old" for them but could be fun!

thumbwitch Wed 27-May-09 13:49:54

or homes round the world - teepees, igloos, bamboo huts, that kind of thing?

lljkk Wed 27-May-09 14:36:32

DS is Yr4.
What he would enjoy and would really throw himself into would be a picture of either a home he'd like, or "homes in the future", space-age, Eco-warrior, whatever they fancy but in an imaginative/creative way.

Something he could draw or paint or even do on 'puta.

cazzybabs Wed 27-May-09 14:39:30

Give them half a picture of Lowry - they have to do the rest?

Make a shoebox house

Newspaper constructions - how can you make the tallest house etc

cazzybabs Wed 27-May-09 14:40:14

give them lots of different construction material and they have to make their own house - photo for display

doglover Wed 27-May-09 14:42:50

Fab ideas! You creative lot!!!

Nextsale Mon 01-Jun-09 21:37:20

Make a street of famous homes whitehouse number 10 coronation st spongebob house

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now