Talk

Advanced search

Personalised PE bags

(13 Posts)
laurz75 Sat 23-May-09 19:04:47

Any recommendations? My son is starting school in September and I want to get him a 'different' bag so he can identify it easily. (I'm a teacher myself so I know the confusion that reigns at PE time!).Thanks.

nannynick Sat 23-May-09 19:16:45

Define PE Bag.

If you mean one of those small bags with tie top, such as you would put swimming things in, then Mugs4u can print whatever you like onto a white one of those, for around £6.50 See Personalised Sports Bag

heartofgold Sat 23-May-09 19:18:32

are you handy enough with a sewing machine that you could run a channel around the top of a pillow case to run a cord through? can get iron-on letters on ebay to personalise it further.

i have an entire sewing room, so obviously i have a superduper cool beautifully handmade bag half made which has been sat around for the last month and pretty soon my interest will have dwindled enough that it will never see the light of day again and i'll have to count on going to a more obscure supermarket than the rest of the parents in her class so she can find her stuff grin

nannynick Sat 23-May-09 19:19:02

Inkies also does the swimming bag, plus a few other types of bag, including a child's rucksack.

iMum Sat 23-May-09 19:19:23

letterbox is the place to go for all things named.

jenwyn Sat 23-May-09 19:19:48

It would be easy to make one out of a remnant /small piece of fabric .Just a side seam and hemmed all round for the drawstring. DS could go with you to choose the fabric so he would 'own' the bag from the start.

Failing that it is also very easy to chainstitch a name/design in bright colours on the outside of the bag.Ive done this for many bags over the years and they dont go astray.

nannynick Sat 23-May-09 19:19:59

I remember back in my school days, we would just write on the bag using Tippex.

Cammelia Sat 23-May-09 19:37:29

easy2name (can buy through mumsnet) does a named bag

stressedmumoftwo Fri 10-Jul-09 19:38:10

have you seen the PE bags and swimming bags at giraffe-shop.co.uk they have a big range which is very like the ones letterbox used to have...

GrimmaTheNome Fri 10-Jul-09 19:42:27

DDs school has standard PE bags - small for infants, larger for juniors. I embroidered DDs name on hers - years since I'd done chainstich but its really easy.

Metella Fri 10-Jul-09 19:44:40

Are you sure you don't have to have a school one? At all the schools around here they must use regulation school PE bags.

TEJQ Fri 10-Jul-09 19:49:06

Ah back in the day, your mum would make you a drawstring bag out of some remnant of material, and then embroider your name or initials on it in chain stitch in a contrasting colour <sigh>

oodlesofpoodles Fri 10-Jul-09 19:51:27

Last year there were great ones on ebay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now