Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ASPERGERS(Poor Hand/EYE Co-Ordination & motor skills : Writing on PLAIN or LINED/SQUARED paper..

(2 Posts)
TheRealMrsF Tue 03-May-05 22:05:59

Leigh is yr3 and i am sick and tired of comments in his homework book about his handwriting.....

They are expected to put a 'line guide' under each blank page and then as they finish a page move it and put it under the last page etc....

Personally i think this is hard for any young child....but FFS...a child with lousy hand-eye co-ordination........pleeeeeeeease!!!!!

Not only that...but when he hass to do maths...again on PLAIN PAPER.....what about the good ol' squared paper???

So..........what i want to know is....do your 8 yr olds have to do this....a and teachers.....if this is done for a reason.....WHY??????

I have special handwriting paper (red/blue lines) and feel like scrapping his homework book and just using our own paper

sis Tue 03-May-05 22:22:21

Whaaat?! ds is six (year1) and really struggles with lined paper - no way would he be able to use a line guide. come to think of it, he uses the lines on the paper as a guide only and occasionally, the letters sit on the line, but generally, the letters are anywhere between the top and bottom line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now