Talk

Advanced search

good nursery schools in wandsworth???

(3 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Tue 03-May-05 13:28:12

anyone know any? by good i mean, small (class sizes), play based, and happy. not academically (! they're only tiny!)

Anchovy Tue 03-May-05 14:03:47

DS (3.5) is at the best nursery school in the whole world (Sw15/SW18 border) - DD (1.5) will start next year. It is small, very friendly and really sensible. They have trips out (Wetlands this year, trip to the theatre last year, down to the fire station etc), sports day, christmas play etc. They do cooking once a week - real food as well as the usual chocolate crispy cakes (DS did stuffed tomatoes one week). Only have fruit at break time - everyone takes a piece in and it is cut up and put on a fruit plate which they "share" and "pass round". Don't think they concentrate on the academic so much as the "life skills" - definitely neither pushy nor posh. It is private/fee paying, but not particularly pricey, particularly with grant. DH was saying he doesn't think we will ever be as happy with an educational establishment as we are with this one!

CAT me and I will give you details. Just had a very good OFSTED report as well. I looked at several other nursery schools in the area as we moved shortly after DS had started at this one so I know a bit about some of the others in SW15.

Heathcliffscathy Tue 03-May-05 14:10:42

anchovy i've cat'd you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now