Talk

Advanced search

Dyscalculia - bad day :(

(15 Posts)
BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 15:01:19

I've been doing maths classes once per week, one on one and it seemed to be helping me to grasp some basic maths concepts. Had a break of one week, just come back from my first lesson back.

I've forgotten everything! I'm feeling really sorry for myself (couldn't have happened on a worse week in the month, IYSWIM!)

I had managed to retain, through constant repetition some multiplication tables, I can not remember any of it now. I learned how to multiply and divide, now I can't remember the formulas for either of them.

I've been here so many times before! I had honestly hoped that learning in this way might be a way forward - it was, shortly followed by the two steps back!

The thing is, I love learning. Not being able to grasp something which should be simple is driving me up the bleedin wall!

Ho hum, time to have a rethink about this. Is there any point in carrying on? I don't take failure well at all!

The reason I had taken up the course is because I would like to be able to help my DD's with maths throughout school. Maybe I'll just leave it to DH - I'll stick with finger painting and pasta shakers!

SaintGeorge Thu 28-Apr-05 15:05:59

Can't help with the dyscalculia hon as no experience, but if it makes you feel any better - I finished the sheridans and had a stinking hangover this morning

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 15:11:48

PMSL (still), yes, that's done it - managed a wry snigger at that . Feeling better now?

SaintGeorge Thu 28-Apr-05 15:14:46

Fine now - but the sight of the empty bottle on the side this morning turned my stomach a bit.

I had a full bottle

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 15:17:35

Ahem, a full bottle but for the one glass I had! and very nice it was too.

SaintGeorge Thu 28-Apr-05 15:19:37

2 glasses if I recall correctly. Have to get that in so the rest of Mumsnet don't think I'm a total lush.

Pity yours were virtual glasses and mine the real thing. Oh the shame

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 15:25:43

LMAO

Pity? Huh, at least I only had a virtual hangover this morning . Glad you're feeling better .

SaintGeorge Thu 28-Apr-05 15:26:56

Oh hell, why am I still here. Nursery run. Panic!

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 15:30:00

hop on your trusty steed SG, you'll be there in a flash!

ggglimpopo Thu 28-Apr-05 15:32:55

Message withdrawn

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 16:08:01

Hi ggg, I have a preliminary diagnoses from an adult education team. I've chosen to see an educational psychologist (through the adult ed team) for a definitive diagnoses, I'm currently waiting for an appointment for that .

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 16:09:47

Diagnosis!

ggglimpopo Thu 28-Apr-05 16:27:38

Message withdrawn

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 22:44:53

I'd be happy to help, if I can! Cat me?

ggglimpopo Thu 28-Apr-05 22:58:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now