Talk

Advanced search

Primary Schools in Putney - anyone familiar with them ?

(6 Posts)
Scatterbrain Wed 16-Apr-03 12:57:08

My friend may be moving to Putney, the West Hill area, shortly and her dd is due to start school this September. Her younger dd is almost 3 - so if a school had a nursery attached so much the better ! She is a catholic, but isn't particularly bothered whether the school is or not - preferring a good/nice school !

Does anyone know which are the nice state schools ? And how oversubscribed are they likely to be ? Would they be obliged to take a newcomer to their area ?

Thank you all !! xxx

Scatterbrain Thu 17-Apr-03 12:17:53

Ahhhh - no-one in Putney then ??

I've been looking at upyourstreet.com and ofsted and have found two what look like excellent catholic primaries within a mile of where she'll be living - they're called Our Lady in Heaven and Our Lady Victories - perhaps someone might know them ??

Pleeeeeaaaaase !!!

clucks Thu 17-Apr-03 21:07:49

There's a really good church school in Southfields just by Westhill by the A3. I don't think it's catholic but it has a really good reputation and comes top a lot in things. Unfortunately I don't know the name it may have victoria in the title! Sadly, I don't live in Putney but this school is in the top 100 in London or something. HTH

SueW Thu 17-Apr-03 22:39:34

The children of some friends of ours went to Hotham which is on Hotham Road. I don't remember their having any problems with the school. They lived very close.

AFAIK, both girls are now at Putney High - definitely the older one is. Unfortunately we've lost regular contact since we left London five years ago.

SamboM Wed 11-Jun-03 15:19:37

There are lots of good primary schools in Putney,

St Mary's
All Saints
Hotham
Our Lady of Victories

are all very good

Scatterbrain Thu 12-Jun-03 12:23:40

What's St Joseph's like - she's just heard they've both got in there !!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: