Talk

Advanced search

*Help me help my 7 yr old learn*

(5 Posts)
Amanda29kb Fri 15-Apr-05 20:38:45

Hi
My 7 year is struggling with his spelling and his Maths. He can read quite well but he comes out with silly things that don't make sense when spelling and his Maths is terrible. Does anyone have any tips for helping him at home? He has problems with concentration that may be at the root of it all.
Thank in advance
Amanda

bubblerock Fri 15-Apr-05 20:59:45

Does he like the computer? We found some great maths quizzes on a school website through google, my six year old loves them - DH even had a go!!

mathsfun

choccychic Fri 15-Apr-05 21:26:26

Amanda, If he likes computers and you have broadband, we have just been looking at EducationCity.com which is a site that my DS1s school uses. Loads of games based on their keystage at school, you subscribe to a particular year (I guess year 2 for you) and I think it costs about £30 per year but you can have a 5 day free trial. Sorry I'm not sure I can do a link. The game has a voiceto tell them what to do but also simple instructions on screen so they can hear and read and my two Ds love the maths ones (kicking footballs etc !)

paolosgirl Fri 15-Apr-05 21:27:49

We've just enrolled dd at Kumon. A friend of mins has her son at it, and the difference in him has been amazing. Would it be worth looking into that?

Wallace Fri 15-Apr-05 21:40:40

We (or was it Santa?) bought ds a Little Professor

He really likes it, he uses an abacus to help get hte answer. It will keep him amused for years to come, as it has 5 levels, from really easy to extrememly difficult. We got it for him because I had one when I was five, and loved it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now