Talk

Advanced search

For Ks, Issymum and all the other "invisible"; parents

(12 Posts)
Pamina3 Thu 14-Apr-05 10:50:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bossykate Thu 14-Apr-05 10:54:45

you'd think she would have noticed your bump at least!

there was a mum at ds's nursery that i really ended up disliking as she seemed to be incapable of remembering me from one meeting to the next. that and she had one of those fake smiles that didn't reach her eyes, iyswim.

at one point she met my husband who said "oh dw said she saw you at .... the other day" and she said vaguely "oh yes the pregnant one..."

Bozza Thu 14-Apr-05 11:01:54

I'm sure that doesn't happen at our nursery. Especially not for a child such as your DD Pamina who has been going several days a week for nearly 4 years. Is it a big nursery? and bk has a good point about the bump.

Pamina3 Thu 14-Apr-05 11:46:44

Pamina3 Thu 14-Apr-05 11:48:35

GeorginaA Thu 14-Apr-05 18:28:52

I have done this. I really have a terrible memory.

Two incidents in the last week that I remember: first is a mum I see quite often on the party circuit and chat lots too. Until she intervened in her son's rough play I really didn't realise that she was his mother (his grandmother usually picks him up from nursery though, to be fair!)

Then for ds1's party I was trying to remember the name of a friend of his who he played with almost exclusively at a party last year. All the descriptions in the world didn't help either ds1 or dh remember who I was talking about. Had to corner the mother at nursery after the easter hols, despite having a really good nursery door chatty relationship and having known her for over a year, I had to confess that I didn't know her child's name

How does the phrase go? I never forget a face... what's your name again?

triceratops Thu 14-Apr-05 18:55:52

I forget faces. People are always coming up to me who obviously know who I am and have chatted with me before but I haven't a clue who they are. The smile not reaching the eyes thing with me is pure panic. It really doesn't mean I don't enjoy speaking to people I just wish they would wear name badges or give me some clue when they first start speaking .

motherinferior Thu 14-Apr-05 19:04:47

Dye your hair red and talk incessantly. I find it works a treat

Prufrock Thu 14-Apr-05 20:01:58

Once heard nobody could forget your name MI - mispronounce yes, but not forget

chipmonkey Thu 14-Apr-05 20:57:12

I forget names, faces, which names go with which faces, which children go with which mums, which mums go with which dads, please Pamina, have pity on people like me, its not our fault!

batters Thu 14-Apr-05 21:35:07

snort! Did you supply wine at your party per chance?! I have to say a few drinks in the afternoon and I could forget a lot of things.

Pamina3 Fri 15-Apr-05 09:00:24

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now