Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nursery Place (long)

(8 Posts)
gscrym Thu 14-Apr-05 10:18:45

I had DS's name down for a local private nursery that did funded places. You have to pay for your nursery care then get the money back. I had done this as the nursery did flexible care which suited us as I work shifts. My mum had suggested I check if he could go to nursery where they stay (5 miles away). I checked with the education department and they would be fine about it if there are places in the nurseries we picked. Just told DH, he isn't happy about it. His concern is that DS won't know anyone he goes to school with. DH was moved schools when he was 8 and his parents told him he'd just have to get on with it. He was really shy and I can see his point.
My question is, would going to a different town for nursery have a bad effect on DS. He's a sociable little boy and makes friends easily. Has anyone else been in this position?

gscrym Thu 14-Apr-05 10:19:22

I should have added, my parents mind DS while I'm at work.

bobbybob Thu 14-Apr-05 10:21:56

My ds is going to a nursery and playcentre where all the other kids will be going to 1 of 2 schools. Ds is in the catchment for a totally different school (just) and I can't say that I was that bothered about it.

I think it's different to move at 8 when everyone has made their friends than all be in the same boat at 5. There are bound to be other kids in the same situation.

iota Thu 14-Apr-05 10:26:51

my ds1 was in a day nursery close to my office - when he went to school he didn't know any of the other children and it really didn't matter. He was 4.4 and at that age they make friends really easily.

Pamina3 Thu 14-Apr-05 10:33:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gomez Thu 14-Apr-05 10:42:36

gscrym - your DH might have an argument if DS was planned to go to nursery attached to where he will go to primary but as you were planning a private nursery anyway I am not sure what the difference is?

We are moving and went before Easter to where DD1 will start school - I was surprised to find out that about 75% of P1 currently attend the nursery attached to the primary.

either way they make friends easy at 4/5 anyway!

Gomez Thu 14-Apr-05 10:42:39

gscrym - your DH might have an argument if DS was planned to go to nursery attached to where he will go to primary but as you were planning a private nursery anyway I am not sure what the difference is?

We are moving and went before Easter to where DD1 will start school - I was surprised to find out that about 75% of P1 currently attend the nursery attached to the primary.

either way they make friends easy at 4/5 anyway!

Gomez Thu 14-Apr-05 10:43:15

oops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now