Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find the KS1 'key words' list?

(11 Posts)
Legacy Tue 12-Apr-05 20:58:10

Title says it all really - DS is in Reception and the school sends home the 'Key Words' which I think re aligned with the ORT books, but possibly just generally to KS1 & 2.

But I keep losing them, so would like to find a comprehensive list...

Any links anywhere?
Thanks....

SoupDragon Tue 12-Apr-05 21:04:05

It's on another thread somewhere!! At least one, maybe 2 threads in fact.

You'll need to do some creative searching of the archives

stitch Tue 12-Apr-05 21:07:33

school should give them to you.
ds1 had a rainbow of them. very annoying it was too
also, try the national curriculum website. or bbc ks1 site.

SoupDragon Tue 12-Apr-05 21:07:46

Here's the thread I was thinking of which I found by finding the link to it I posted in another thread about the same subject

LIZS Tue 12-Apr-05 21:08:20

here?

Legacy Tue 12-Apr-05 21:20:26

Thankyou! Soupdragon - in my defence, I DID search the archives first, but clearly haven't got your 'old hand' expertise

titchy Tue 12-Apr-05 21:42:27

Very useful thread - pity the DfES site doesn't give you the words they're supposed to know in Yr3! Anyone?

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Apr-05 21:49:52

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Apr-05 21:50:21

Message withdrawn

swedishmum Tue 12-Apr-05 22:58:49

I had them on fridge magnets from Urchin. Don't think they still do them but I know I've seen them in a catalogue recently...

singersgirl Wed 13-Apr-05 11:06:27

Out of curiosity, are those Y3, 4 and 5 words reading words or spelling words? Or both? Just wondering, as the Y5 words seem a little basic for reading (and possibly even for spelling). DS1 is in Y2 so haven't got there yet, but my mum gave us the KS1 HF words fridge magnets when he was in Reception and DS2 is using them now.
DS1's previous school actively discouraged parents from getting hold of the whole list of 45 Reception words, as they were very keen on 'controlling' when a child was ready for new words....Mmmmm.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: