Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MrsGuyofGisbourne (though I think you've namechanged): a question about schools

(7 Posts)
singersgirl Thu 12-Feb-09 23:18:44

From other threads we've been on, I think your DS1 is at the school that my DS1 has just received an offer from - headmaster called tonight after interview this pm. Is that too cryptic? Would love to know your experience etc. Still waiting to hear from other schools but this one is 5 minutes away from us!

singersgirl Fri 13-Feb-09 15:52:47

Just a bump if you're still around, and to say that I'm going away for half term now so won't be checking in (probably) till I get back.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 16-Feb-09 11:09:31

SG - suspect if 5 mins away,and a boys' school it may well the one - esp as they are the fastest to offer after interview. My son is very happy there, best decision ever to send him there. If your DC has been at a state school he will have to do Latin & French (total 4 hours) on Saturday mornings in the summer term before he goes - ie this summer, which may be incovenient,but not onerous academically, and a good opportunity to get to know the other boys. If he does decide to go, very happy to meet up, or talk on phone to fill you in on the details I wish I had known - just to make life easier - ioe which bit so fkit compulsory, which optional etc. (Yes I did name change to MrsGrahamBell in honour of my hero on Ski Sunday for the ski season, but got a bit bored with it so changed back to my 'real' self grin...)

singersgirl Mon 16-Feb-09 14:40:30

Sounds like the same school. I've yet to see the offer in writing (the head knew we were going away and wanted to let us know first) and we're still waiting for news from other schools when we get back. The school is 5 minutes away from us (we are in Mortlake) but I'm slightly concerned about its reputation as a hothouse. DS1 is bright but not a stereotypical boffin - as yet. I may well take you up on your offer to meet up or talk on the phone - thank you!

Of course, we may not have a choice, as he may not get any other offers!

singersgirl Sat 20-Jun-09 19:26:15

Bumping this thread for MrsGuy. DS1 is going in September, is currently enduring French and Latin on a Saturday (he is so not a linguist!) and I have the second-hand uniform sale in my diary. Is your DS going into Y6 equivalent? If so, it would be good to chat - I'm keen on DS knowing as many people as possible there. Was really reassured by the warmth and humour at the new parents' evening this week.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Sun 21-Jun-09 11:29:21

SG - would be delighted to make contact - I will not be @ uniform sale as very busy @ work - would be happy if u want to pop in for a coffee sometime as I work @ home in E. Sheen pls feel free to to cat me.

singersgirl Sun 21-Jun-09 12:19:33

Thank you! Will CAT you. I also work from home (when I am working) and I guess we're pretty close.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now