Talk

Advanced search

Did you know how hard teachers work?

(10 Posts)
roisin Fri 09-Jan-09 22:18:25

or at least how hard children think we work?

I was doing an exercise today on persuasive writing with some year 7s (11 yr-olds), and we were brainstorming ideas as to why it was good to have long holidays from school.

One little cherub said holidays were good because it gives the teachers chance to think up lots of fun and exciting new activities to do during lessons.

Racingsnake Fri 09-Jan-09 22:44:40

grin

wrinklytum Fri 09-Jan-09 22:45:39

Aww.Out of the mouths of babes and all that

pasturesnew Fri 09-Jan-09 22:46:20

I think teachers work hard. As a school governor of a local state primary in London I see them work really really hard to improve things for the children and do as much as they possibly can.

piscesmoon Fri 09-Jan-09 22:47:48

Comments like that make it all worthwhile!

roisin Fri 09-Jan-09 22:49:18

I did confess that - much as I'm pleased that they enjoy my lessons - I don't actually spend the whole of my holidays planning them grin

Racingsnake Fri 09-Jan-09 22:52:32

Shhhh!

callmeovercautious Fri 09-Jan-09 22:52:33

Lovely comment smile

Personally I appreciate it as I did some teaching PT for 18m. Never again. It was in a school on special measures and as an unqualified teacher I had none of the support I should have had. I feel I failed the Kids tbh. It was just too much without the right background training.

I am much happier with teaching adults smile

cory Sat 10-Jan-09 16:53:04

Ah bless. Isn't it nice to be appreciated? grin

roisin Sat 10-Jan-09 17:03:15

It is fab! I do love this part of my job.
I do literacy intervention with small groups (6-8) of yr7s. They come to me for just 3-4 weeks at a time (3 lessons a week), and they make great progress and enjoy coming. They often stop me in the corridor and ask if they are going to be coming back and doing more sessions with me ... even when they are in yr8 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now