Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

possible snatch of child

(7 Posts)
lucykatie Thu 24-Mar-05 22:55:59

we have had a letter home from my dd1 school [primary], saying that a child was nearly taken by strangers, thay described the car and man in the car.....this was 2 weeks ago...
we have another letter home today to say its happened again....a possible abduction!!!!

oh my god.....what on earth do i tell my dd2 of 5 years.

Carla Thu 24-Mar-05 22:57:23

Was it the same child?

Caligula Thu 24-Mar-05 22:59:50

Is your DD ever out of school by herself?

For me it wouldn't be a worry, because the kids aren't allowed out of school at this age unless their parents go for them. Any stranger in the school playground is instantly clocked and pleasantly asked how s/he can be helped.

Do they still go on about "stranger danger" in schools?

lucykatie Thu 24-Mar-05 23:00:04

no seperate children....same school though.
really dont know anymore about it but wish i did, its so worrying.

i will need eyes in the back of my head.

fairyfly Thu 24-Mar-05 23:00:42

I have had two of these, it just shows you how aware people are in your area i feel. What had happened here was a car pulled up and asked a young girl to get in. Awful i know, but she went home and told her parents, then the police inform the school and a letter automatically is sent home. I think with your child being 5 she will always be with someone. I imagine it will be hard for you to get the details of this situation. But i hope it went a smoothly as here.

lucykatie Thu 24-Mar-05 23:03:05

must admitt that my dd will not go out of my sight and yeah they have been told about stranger danger etc and told about it all happening near the school.

i tkink its just the fact thats its really going on at our school, i know it happens but when its on your doorstep its a whole new ball game.

Carla Thu 24-Mar-05 23:04:08

Why do you think that, ff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now