Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else still waiting to hear about primary schools for September?

(10 Posts)
Pamina3 Wed 23-Mar-05 10:19:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 23-Mar-05 10:24:42

We are not advised until mid april - am in W London.

Bozza Wed 23-Mar-05 10:39:52

No we haven't and TBH I am rather annoyed because I need to sort out childcare. Our local village school does not have any sort of breakfast/after school club so the only option I have is a childminder. But should I be engaging a child minder when I haven't even got a place in the school? Think I am going to have to go for it. I'm fairly sure that DS will get in because we are quite close to the school so the only issue could be siblings. Deadline for applications was end of October so how long can it take to sort out?

Pamina3 Wed 23-Mar-05 10:43:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bozza Wed 23-Mar-05 11:01:29

Yes can see it would be a pain having them at two different nurseries and nicer for DD1 to return to the familiar one where her sisters are.

Azure Wed 23-Mar-05 11:39:50

I've heard from two schools already - rejections - and the third response is not due for a week or more. I find it very frustrating that the letters come out at different times, even within the same LEA. DS has a place at a private school anyway, which is just as well really.

Gobbledigook Wed 23-Mar-05 12:10:32

Same here Pamina - we don't hear till 6th May. Deadline for applications is 1st April.

Voluntary aided schools (RC, CofE etc) know already.

Very annoying!!!

Mind you, I pretty much know we are in our preferred school as the head visited unexpectedly last week to check we live here! We've only just moved so not on electoral roll yet and despite not up to the deadline yet, they've obviously started their checks!! It is a very good and very popular school and there is a bit of people renting flats etc to get their kids in

SoupDragon Wed 23-Mar-05 12:46:04

Haven't heard either but as DS2 is a sibling, I'm not worried - it's unlikely there are 90 other children witha better case for a place than him.

GeorginaA Wed 23-Mar-05 13:14:59

We won't hear until 18th April. I'm nervous because although we're well within catchment, 4 children in catchment didn't get in last year and this year is supposed to be another bumper one...

firestorm Wed 23-Mar-05 20:28:39

we dont hear until the end of april or beginning of may. not bothered though because we are moving area hopefully before she starts. im very interested to find out which schools in the new area still have places (as we couldnt put one down as a preference) might email the lea & ask them.
with my first dd i emailed & asked them if my prefered school was oversubscribed 4 months before i got an official letter. they emailed me back to say that unfortunately it was. i then had an agonizing 4 month wait (because we are quite a distance away from the school) but luckily we got a place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now