Talk

Advanced search

Home education

(3 Posts)
kasef Fri 11-Mar-05 09:06:08

hi all

I have to put this forward as i feel the government and schools don't.

It is not a widley known fact but you CAN home educate your children. Many parents have problems with schools and bullying from both the children and teachers.

We took dd1 out of school in feb 04 and have never looked back she will be ten at the end of this month and is totally enjoying being home educated. dd2 who is now 14 months won't be going to school unless she expresses a wish to when she is old enough to decide.

We get asked by most people why she's not at school and have generally got good reactions to our decision. I can't put any links up here but if you put into your search engine home education uk you will find two main sites to explain all the ins and outs of this option.

Hulababy Fri 11-Mar-05 09:20:21

I think there are a few other home educators on Mumsnet too. If you do a search on the Education threads you may well find some fellow HE'ders.

Good luck with it all.

wobblyknicks Fri 11-Mar-05 09:21:51

Good luck kasef! I'd love to home ed dd, ever since I had a bad time at school I've wanted to home ed my kids but being a single parent its not an option any more but if I could I would in a second!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: