Talk

Advanced search

Why does dd1s primary want a print out of the schools ive selected for secondary?

(10 Posts)
UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Thu 23-Oct-08 22:15:57

Do I need to tell them? They have asked the year 6 class to bring in a copy/print out.

swedishmum Thu 23-Oct-08 22:28:48

Ours kept them for the record because some applied on line and some applied on paper. Ht said it gave them peace of mind that everyone had applied on time.

Littlefish Thu 23-Oct-08 22:29:23

They might be starting to think about transition support and therefore, want to know numbers of children possibly going to each school.

Why wouldn't you want to tell them? Is it a secret wink

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Thu 23-Oct-08 22:38:06

If its for peace of mind then I will happily write a note saying, all done thanks. I just think its nosey. I wondered also why you had to put primary school down on the CAF form, they have a pupil ID number.
Just paranoid I guess. Runs in the family!
Its not a secret, BUT I dont see why they should know IYKWIM.

swedishmum Fri 24-Oct-08 06:48:16

Bear in mind that if your dc fails to get a place at the first choice school you may well need their support. Our HT is a whizz with appeals apparently.

seeker Fri 24-Oct-08 06:58:01

Probably because they find it helpful in planning their transition activities if they know. And it's helpful if the secondary school know what primary schools their new year 7s come from.

At our primary teachers from all the local secondaries come in over the course of the year to meet the year 6s and introduce themselves so they have a familiar face when they get there. Good idea in my opinion - what's not to like?

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Fri 24-Oct-08 07:30:42

it may also be so they can ensure that some groups are put together so that friendship groups can form, especially if your primary is a big school.

my 12yo came from a primary with 4 classes per year, and she joined in yr5, so for her, meeting up with girls going onto her new school was very helpful, especially as the two girls she had pal'd up with were both going to two other schools entirely.

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Fri 24-Oct-08 08:05:07

Hm oh yes, forgot about the coming to primary to meet them and things, but surely thats after the results in March, so thats the choice you have GOT rather than the 4 you put on the form.
DD1s head wuld rather set herself on fire than appeal on our behalf. She herself didnt pass the 11plus and didnt even say Well Done to the kids who did.

MrsGhoulofGhostbourne Fri 24-Oct-08 09:21:05

UMM - yes it only makes sense AFTER the allocations are made - I would have thiought priamries had enough to administer without more bits of paper for the head to nose through. Sounds like your HT has nt enough to do..

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Fri 24-Oct-08 10:32:12

dd1 said in the car this morning that they needed the number. I will wait and see if a letter/phone call chases it up. Or whether the school are just being nosey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now