Talk

Advanced search

Oh my God outside the school at which I used to teach has been a huge fight involving 200kids and knives.

(10 Posts)
twinsetandpalls Fri 17-Oct-08 18:44:06

I think I left just in time.

Blandmum Fri 17-Oct-08 18:44:58

Jesus, how awful, was anyone hurt?

My Bro works in a school that has something similar happen, 23 kids were arrested!

IotasCat Fri 17-Oct-08 18:45:00

a timely escape smile

NorthernLurker Fri 17-Oct-08 18:45:46

That sounds horrendous - and to link it with the thread that's winding me up tonight - i wonder if their parents taught them to 'fight back'?

twinsetandpalls Fri 17-Oct-08 18:46:59

Have not seen that thread Northern. I don;t think anyone was hurt, just been told by someone on facebook and there is only one newsreport from the local paper.

NorthernLurker Fri 17-Oct-08 18:50:45

Its in Chat 'do you teach your children to fight back'

Glad no one was hurt - thats more by luck than good management isn't it?

nolongeraworriedmummy Fri 17-Oct-08 18:51:41

geez thats horrendous

twinsetandpalls Fri 17-Oct-08 18:54:52

Yes I have a feeling it was luck although from what the www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoolnews/200-Blackpool-schoolkids-in-mass.4604943.jp report said I think lots present were along for the ride rather than wanting to fight.

nolongeraworriedmummy Fri 17-Oct-08 19:02:22

the thread northern is on about is mine, I posted for advice on how to react to dd who is always so good but has come home after hitting a bully back (I had never told her to) and I wanted other peoples views on whether they had told their child to hit back or what as I didnt know whether to bollock her for it.

NorthernLurker Fri 17-Oct-08 19:11:40

no longer - I have no problem with what you've said on that thread - just stunned by how many people are advocating violent reprisals as the way to go! Fwiw - in your shoes I wouldn' bollock her but I wouldn't praise her for it either. Maybe you could ask her what she wants you to do to resolve the sitaution and then try to forget about it and have a lovely weekend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now