Talk

Advanced search

Any social workers here (who care to admit it)?

(8 Posts)
Janh Wed 02-Mar-05 20:44:07

DD2 has been applying to do the new Social Work degree starting in September. She has offers from Lancaster, Manchester and York. Is any one of them likely to carry any more weight than the others when she has finished her degree and is looking for a job, or should she just go to the place she likes the most?

motherinferior Wed 02-Mar-05 20:49:38

Am not social worker but could make enquiries if you don't find anyone more helpful - I've written loads on that sort of thing, indeed did a piece on the degree itself a while back.

Janh Wed 02-Mar-05 20:54:26

Oooh, yes please MI!

It is a new degree (started in 2003?) at undergrad so the league tables are not necessarily significant. She is leaning towards Manc atm, from my brief research Lancaster sits higher in the tables (for diploma/post-grad) but does it really matter at the end of the day?

(I would love her to go to York so I could whizz over for days out regularly but that's not a good reason to go there!)

motherinferior Thu 03-Mar-05 19:39:55

Janh, could you CAT me with a bit of detail so I can tap into a few people? Am a bit distracted with DD2's vile upset tummy at the moment so an email would make me do something, IYSWIM.

Jimjams Thu 03-Mar-05 19:48:44

scummy's a SW type (surprisingly as she's helpful and effective ) she may be able to help.

Janh Thu 03-Mar-05 19:54:29

MI, amazingly I don't have your email address in my extensive collection, please could you email me first (holden_jan at hotmail dot com) and then I can get back to you! (Sorry about DD2's tummy )

Thanks, jimjams, I didn't know scummy was in that field (she has been studying too hasn't she? Would that be for an MA?)

motherinferior Thu 03-Mar-05 20:00:21

Oh yes, Mizz Scum is yer girl. But I'll email you too, obviously.

Janh Thu 03-Mar-05 20:36:18

Thanks, MI! Have just replied

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now