Advanced search

transfer of school records

(6 Posts)
annetizzismum Sat 27-Sep-08 15:42:17

i know by law a pupil record is set up for all children in schools in england and they have to be transferred to the next school, but if the new school is in scotland, will the record still be transferred

SqueakyPop Sat 27-Sep-08 15:43:45

I don't think there is a convenient A4 sheet

annetizzismum Sat 27-Sep-08 15:59:03

i looked at a website it says thers legal duty to transfer records to schools in wales, scotland etc but i'm unclear whether this means the same law applies in these countries so records will be transferred from one scottish school to another scottish school or whether the records are transferred from one country to another if you know what i mean

annetizzismum Sun 28-Sep-08 13:30:47

my mobile numberss in there and dont want everyone knowing it as apparently they pass info to health authority, local authority etc

ICantFindAFreeNickName Sat 04-Oct-08 00:47:18

I think that both the online and paper records will probably be transferred to Scotland. At my school we would certainly send the pupil file to the new school even if it is in Scotland. The online file would be sent to the LEA who handle the files of pupils moving 'abroad' ie not England.

RustyBear Sat 04-Oct-08 01:13:07

If the school uses the CTF (Common Transfer File) system - which they are supposed to do by law no later than 15 days after the pupil has moved, then the online record doesn't go to Scotland, but goes to a 'holding file' on the government school to school transfer system, to be 'reactivated' if the pupil returns to a maintained school in England. This is because Scottish schools use a different system to generate their pupil numbers, which may create a duplicate to an English number. Schools are not supposed to send electronic pupil records other than by the S2S system, but I'm not sure if this is a recommendation or a requirement.

At the school I work at, the paper records are normally delivered or collected by a member of staff to the new school if it's local - if not, we would normally give the paper records to the parent for them to give to the new school.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: