Talk

Advanced search

when to start reception class

(5 Posts)
sl003 Fri 26-Sep-08 14:31:40

Hi
My DV will be 3 on this october.She will start the nursary on January 09.One of my friend advice me that i have to put applications for the reception class this november.Can anyone advise me actualy which age does the children start reception class?When do i have to apply for the reception class for my DV?Are there any links or websites that i can check these details?

MerlinsBeard Fri 26-Sep-08 14:35:26

if she is only just turning 3 then she will not start in 2009 but 2010 and you have no need to apply until spet 09

MerlinsBeard Fri 26-Sep-08 14:35:38

DV?

sl003 Fri 26-Sep-08 23:02:31

thanks mumofmonsters for your information .I was so worried because when my friend told me it has to be this November.Anyway i dont have to worry until next september.Are there any links that i can read thease information?

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 17:12:21

children start reception generally in the school year they turn 5.

my sister for example is born in august so she started reception in the september she had just turned 4, she was 4 for the whole school year but then turned 5 this august and in september started year 1

its unfortunate but thats how it is in cambridge and will be for the rest of her school life - her being the youngest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now