Talk

Advanced search

Possible House move - which school would be best?? We can't decide!

(5 Posts)
Countrybumkin Wed 20-Aug-08 20:12:52

We currently rent and have been looking to buy for a while. Have had an offer accepted on a 3 bed house that is slightly out of our price range and will make us have to count every penny. My daughter has just started the local school in a class which I'm not overly happy with. In the next village up, there is a 2 bed flat with a small village school nearby. This flat is obviously smaller and not as nice as the house but much cheaper. We don't know what to do....stay local and keep dd at school here or move to flat and move her to the village school.

Any advice would be greatfuly received

twinsetandpearls Wed 20-Aug-08 20:18:33

What do you mean by not overly happy with? Do you have a garden with the house and how much does that mean to you? By out of your price range do you mean you can't afford basic bills? What will you do when mortagage rates go up?

Countrybumkin Wed 20-Aug-08 20:31:10

The school has a bad reputation for not dealing with bullying. There is a garden with both properties. Can afford to pay all bills but won't have much disposable income left for dd classes, clothes, nights out etc. Our financial advisor is convinced the rates won't go up any more!!

twinsetandpearls Wed 20-Aug-08 21:39:15

I don;t know enough about finances to say whether interest rates would go up tbh. I would be tempted to go for the house but it depends on how uncomfortable I felt about the school. We have a lot of stuff so need space.

gladders Thu 21-Aug-08 11:03:34

wish my financial advisor could see into the future! if it's very tight, you should look into something cheaper? the flat - or perhaps something slightly bigger if you can comfortably stretch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now