Talk

Advanced search

Camden primary schools

(5 Posts)
Zoe2 Tue 15-Feb-05 21:23:50

Hi, I'm moving into Camden/ probably Hampstead and am looking to purchase a property sufficiently close to a good State maintained primary (children not of reception age yet, but am planning for the future). New End Primary looks like a good bet. I'm aware of the admissions policy and lack of formal catchment areas, but am wondering how close you need to be to stand a good chance of getting in under the distance criteria. 1km? 500m? 100m? across the road?

Pollyanna Tue 15-Feb-05 21:28:08

I got offered a place there and I live near the Royal Free. I know people who go there from Belsize Park and Camden, but I suppose it depends on the year. people also go over from Kentish Town/Tufnell Park, but I don't know if they lived there when they originally got the place.

Zoe2 Tue 15-Feb-05 21:39:45

That's very interesting, Do you mind if I ask you what you think of the school?

Pollyanna Tue 15-Feb-05 21:46:26

I didn't visit it I'm afraid - I got offered my first choice in the end. However, afterwards I did regret not visiting it and not considering whether to send ds there because it has such a good reputation. Since then I have met lots of people with children there who think it's brilliant. my reservation about it was that for my ds (who is supersensitive) I thought it was too big, but I'm not sure now whether this is really an issue.

Davros Sun 20-Feb-05 13:42:18

It has a great reputation around here. You could also try Fitzjohns which is supposed to be good and I think Christchurch (?) but that might be CofE. There's The Rosary if you're Catholic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now