Talk

Advanced search

where can i get a double sided blackboard?

(6 Posts)
dragonflygirl Mon 18-Aug-08 14:52:17

I'm so fed up. I wanted to do the Lois Addy 'Speed Up' handwriting program with my daughter over the summer and you have to have a double-sided blackboard. Ordered one from LDA at the beginning of July and, although they took the money from my account, I've only just found out that they won't have the blackboard in stock until Sept. Does anyone know where else I could get one (n.b. it has to be a big one which stands up on its own on a table top).

misi Mon 18-Aug-08 15:24:37

you could always buy the wood and blackboard paint from somewhere like B+Q and make one as big as you like?

findtheriver Mon 18-Aug-08 15:30:34

Yes, quicker and cheaper to make your own. I trained some Teaching Assistants up to deliver the programme and that's what they did.

dragonflygirl Mon 18-Aug-08 15:57:33

misi and findtheriver - you are inspired! Why didn't I think of that?! Feel a bit stupid now. Will also end up cheaper I think as proper one was extortionate price. Thanks. Findtheriver - you obviously know a lot about the programme - any tips?

findtheriver Mon 18-Aug-08 16:04:47

I think doing the programme over the summer is an excellent idea, as the rationale behind it is little and often. The main difficulty I encountered was that I was training TAs in a secondary school environment, to work with pupils who were dyspraxic and /or dyslexic, and timetabling the programme was a nightmare! It's possible for a child to make really rapid progress on the programme, which is why I think doing it at home is a great idea. Even though it's a handwriting programme, it's excellent in terms of developing coordination generally. Good luck.

LongDeadMotherofHarryP Wed 27-Aug-08 14:06:45

I bought some blackboard paint and painted over the whiteboard flipside of ours. Worked a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now