Talk

Advanced search

Cheltenham - primary schools -help pls

(5 Posts)
njb30 Tue 15-Feb-05 14:18:42

We are moving to cheltenham later this year and need to register dd1 with the new school by jan 2006 as she is due to start school sep 2006. ie we have to reg just after we move. So what are the good (and bad!) schools pls and where do we have to move to so as to be in the catchment area for that school? Any views much appreciated.

Kinders Tue 15-Feb-05 14:31:50

Do you have any idea where abouts in cheltenham you will be living?

Kinders Tue 15-Feb-05 14:43:35

Some of the best schools in Cheltenham are
Leckhampton primary
Glenfall Primary
Naunton primary
Swindon Village primary
Woodmancote
Bishops Cleeve

If you go to www.gloucestershire.gov.uk
then go to the A - z and click on s for schools you will be able to see a database of all the primary schools in gloucestershire.

I hope this helps.

njb30 Tue 22-Feb-05 18:13:40

Thank you very much Kinders. No, we don't know where we are going to live except that it will be in the town itself rather than a surrounding village.-if possible we want to live in the catchment area for the school we want. Do you happen to know the catchment area for the first 3 schools you list? (or how to find it out?) Thank you.

FIMAC1 Sat 12-Mar-05 21:10:38

I live in Cheltenham - don't know which part you are thinking of near the Town? Please let me know if you have decided and I can help.

Good schools that you have to live on the Doorstep of to get in are:

Warden Hill
Greatfield Park
Leckhampton
St Marys Prestbury
Holy Apostles

Holy Apostles is close to the town Centre (Prestbury side). The others are in outlying developments off of the Town.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: