Talk

Advanced search

Back to school next Tuesday

(17 Posts)
Aefondkiss Mon 11-Aug-08 12:59:22

So should I be very organised by now?

I always seem to forget something, my dd has shoes and some clothes... but I still have a few bits and pieces to buy.

Anyone else who has dc going back this week or next?

tiredemma Mon 11-Aug-08 13:00:29

I wish mine were going back next week. No such luck.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 11-Aug-08 13:01:27

Next tues shock
We've not had our hol yet. I am nearly organised except for dd's trousers which I ordered from Next and haven't turned up.

theirmum Mon 11-Aug-08 13:03:33

Really are you in the UK? ours dont go back until 4th Sept my DS starts on the 18th Sept but he is in reception.

shinyshoes Mon 11-Aug-08 13:06:49

4th september here too.

Blimey its going so quick we've hardly done anything either.

clayre Mon 11-Aug-08 13:07:53

my dd starts P1 on tues, sniff

saltire Mon 11-Aug-08 13:08:03

People forget that Scottish school start their hols earlier and therefore go back earlier.
I wish mine were at a scottish school

Aefondkiss Mon 11-Aug-08 13:08:42

Theirmum, we are in Scotland, holidays started 4th of July, I think some schools might even be back this week here!

The holidays have flown in, I wish we had longer! Though last week with raging pmt, I would have liked to have seen them back.

Aefondkiss Mon 11-Aug-08 13:10:41

If you moved to Scotland, after the English school holidays start, it would be a very short holidaygrin

KatieScarlett2833 Mon 11-Aug-08 13:10:54

My two go back on Tuesday. My youngest is just starting high school and I'm all organised except for haircuts. They are at a daily sports camp this week and they were NOT best pleased at having to get up early after 5 weeks of late nights and lie in's. I fully expect them to be asleep by 7pm tonight. Sadly, no holiday until October break.

Aefondkiss Mon 11-Aug-08 13:11:33

aww clayre! I bet your dd is excited!

clayre Mon 11-Aug-08 13:13:09

she is excited, i'm a bit wary thou, shes going into a P1/2 class

clayre Mon 11-Aug-08 13:18:19

have put a pic of her on my profile

saltire Mon 11-Aug-08 13:20:16

If I ahve my way I'll be back living in Scotland by this time next
year

theirmum Mon 11-Aug-08 13:36:23

Gosh I had no idea!

Earlybird Mon 11-Aug-08 13:42:19

School starts for us next week too. We've got new shoes (trainers and school shoes), will have to check to see if ballet kit still fits, have had a haircut, have rucksack and lunchbox....so, I think we are prepared.

Only things remaining are to get medical forms completed/stamped by GP, and to fill out/send in questionaire sent by dd's new teacher - and then we're ready. Seems hard to believe summer is almost over.

Aefondkiss Mon 11-Aug-08 14:02:46

Saltire where are you planning on moving to?

Clayre your dd looks very cute, and happy to be going to school, I have no experience of composite classes, is the school quite small?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now