Talk

Advanced search

Name tapes and hanging loops

(16 Posts)
dilemma456 Mon 28-Jul-08 14:46:02

Message withdrawn

Nagapie Mon 28-Jul-08 15:17:46

I gor a leaflet/price list for labels from the school who also issued the uniform..

There were all types - ones for shoes, sew in ones and there were special clips where you would double over the name tape and it would serve as a hanging loop and it seems to have lasted this term...

Nagapie Mon 28-Jul-08 15:19:58

Sorry - got not gor...

The impromptu hanging hoops were taggits (google it??)

Also, nothing wrong with a laundry pen or a sharpie marker..

whooosh Mon 28-Jul-08 15:20:07

We were told that DD's wellied had to have loops!
Am hoping some clever person will tell me how to do that bit of magic grin

JulesJules Mon 28-Jul-08 15:21:32

Have a look at Easy2name - if you go through Mumsnet, you get 10% off. They do all sorts of nametapes, including iron on ones, shoe ones, transfers for tights and socks, etc.

MrsBadger Mon 28-Jul-08 15:22:56

if you buy Cash's Super Tapes thus and sew the ends in securely they make passable hanging loops so long as your dd has a nice long name.

Ann Cole wouldn't be long enough to fit over the peg but Arabella Fotherington-Thomas woul dbe fine.

dilemma456 Mon 28-Jul-08 15:27:20

Message withdrawn

NappiesNoMore Mon 28-Jul-08 15:29:21

whoosh - get a pair of scissors or something and poke/cut a small hole in the top back of the wellie, then feed string through and tie in a knot forming a loop about um, 12 cm's long.

anyone, if you order the sew in tapes, they come in longish strings saying the name about 5 times to each tape (which youre sposed to cut off singularly ertc). leave them as long tapes, feed them through the care label of garment and tie in knot at end. voila; named and hanging looped in one, and not a needle in sight. smile

this yr i have ordered specially made ribbon with all 3 boys names and shared surname on, in 5m minimum length. tis for weddings and stuff i think, onloy i plan to use it as abouve for all 3's uniform/s [polishes fingernails on shirt at dastardly ingenuity]

savoycabbage Mon 28-Jul-08 15:37:51

You can get wellies that have sort of handles on like a bag! My friend got some at ASDA and I have seen them somewhere else too. I can't remember where though. Maybe it was Next.

JulesJules Mon 28-Jul-08 15:39:00

Oh, and ordered nametapes come really quickly ime, within a few days, so you still have plenty of time smile

dilemma456 Mon 28-Jul-08 15:59:35

Message withdrawn

savoycabbage Mon 28-Jul-08 16:47:19

Wellies with handles

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wellies-size-11-NEXT-pink-purple-with-pull-handles_W0QQitemZ290249020516QQihZ019QQcat egoryZ57974QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dilemma456 Mon 28-Jul-08 16:55:37

Message withdrawn

NappiesNoMore Mon 28-Jul-08 17:43:37

i think youll find my skiving cost effective and easy peasy solutions work just as well.

oh, and you dont need seperate shoe stickers to the other stickers you get for water bottles etc, as the normal plastic stickers work great in shoes. got all that at easy2name too (mn discount, not that i ever remember to use the bloody code)

partaria Mon 28-Jul-08 22:20:11

Another idea; buy name labels of choice whether they be sew on, or iron on transfers, (yes easy2Name is good for these), then get some cheap cotton binding tape about 1cm wide from a haberdashery, sew/iron on name tape to a length of this and attach to relevant clothing. If you are buying name tapes at a cost per label, this will make it cheaper and the end result will be sturdier.

whooosh Tue 29-Jul-08 09:54:33

Thanks Nappies-you are obviously an "old hand" at this malarky wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now