Talk

Advanced search

TEACHERS - HOORAY it's the holidays !!!!

(28 Posts)
peachygirl Tue 22-Jul-08 19:42:43

Anyone going anywhere nice???

Christie Tue 22-Jul-08 20:35:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whizzz Tue 22-Jul-08 20:36:46

can TAs say HOORAY too ?

FluffyMummy123 Tue 22-Jul-08 20:37:17

Message withdrawn

nickytwotimes Tue 22-Jul-08 20:38:35

Ahem!
The Scottish teachers have been off for weeks.
Dh hanging around getting under my feet.

janeite Tue 22-Jul-08 20:39:02

We finished on Friday; off on hols on Saturday - hurray!! It has been a stressful (but good) term.

Heated Tue 22-Jul-08 20:48:03

Ah bliss!

fizzbuzz Tue 22-Jul-08 21:10:25

Yes bliss...........

peachygirl Tue 22-Jul-08 21:33:01

Hooray. grin
Of course TAs are welcome too.

I'm in SEN (MLD) too Christie.

I'm off to my parents for a week and then we are off to Madrid, which will be hot hot hot!

roisin Tue 22-Jul-08 21:34:39

We finished on Friday, but I've spent all day today sorting out stuff for some new courses I'm teaching next year. I want to do another few hours tomorrow, and then pack it all away and concentrate on
HOLIDAY!

ravenAK Tue 22-Jul-08 21:35:18

Having only been back a week & 2 days after ML, I'm in here under totally false pretences.

But yep, hurrah! My Dept are stressed stressed stressed.

janeite Tue 22-Jul-08 22:14:27

Great timing there Raven!

smartiejake Tue 22-Jul-08 22:22:57

We finish tomorrow (but I work half day on Weds so leave at 12- yippee!)

Going to the French alps with my sis in 10 days (she has a lovely apartment there.) No men, just my dds and her dd and ds.

Then in the middle of Aug the dds, DH and I are going to Scotland to stay in a cottage near Loch Ness for a week(So sowesters and mosqito repellent at the ready!)
Happy Hols to you all!

Littlefish Tue 22-Jul-08 22:26:05

Today I left a job which I loved and loathed in equal measures. So, HOOOOOOORAY and BOOOO HOOOO.

I'm starting a new job in September which I'm really nervous about, so I think the best thing is just to not think about it at all, and just enjoy the next 5 and a half weeks grin

MaureenMLove Tue 22-Jul-08 23:15:12

Wot no Mastercard link? grin

ladymariner Tue 22-Jul-08 23:22:46

I'm a TA and we finish tomorrow........HURRAH, HURRAH, HURRAH!!!! This has been such a long term, although my dh tends to look at me with a really astounded look on his face when I say that!!!
Sort of, "oh yeah, well it has been all of 8 weeks since your last holiday"!!
But he doesn't have to work with them grin (actually, they're lovely really, just a tad loud and excited at the moment!!! Maybe a little more than a tad....)

memoo Wed 23-Jul-08 00:05:44

I'm A TA so YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE grin

twinsetandpearls Wed 23-Jul-08 00:12:39

We finish on THursday and then we move on the 2nd, so no real relaxation for about a fortnight.

Littlefish Wed 23-Jul-08 08:11:56

That's great Maureen smile

janeite Wed 23-Jul-08 10:38:26

Love the Mastercard advert Maureen; not seen that before.

I've just started planning some lessons for next term, as I'm teaching a new course. I've done two lessons and am bored now - time for a coffee break methinks!

fizzbuzz Wed 23-Jul-08 20:05:34

I've been planning all day too. Seems a lot of us on here have been.

But...oh...I forgot....teachers get such long holidays and never do work in them do they............

fedupandisolated Wed 23-Jul-08 20:10:00

My son's teacher and the TA have been FANTASTIC! So on behalf of my son I'd like to say to all you wonderful teachers and TAs "HAVE A BRILLIANT SUMMER BREAK"

FossilSister Wed 23-Jul-08 20:12:42

Hooray Hooray it's a holi holi day

Aga doo doo doo push pineapple....

lalala

MrsWeasley Wed 23-Jul-08 20:24:07

I'm so glad its the holidays because I love being home with my DCs.

I am so glad to not have to go into school for weeks because some of the TAs are so horrible I only started recently and they have been so horrid, A couple are really nice but the "others" create such an atmosphere.

janeite Thu 24-Jul-08 15:05:01

Are you a TA MrsWeasley? I hope the horrid ones have rotten summers, so that when you and the nice ones return all blissed out by sunshine and resting, they are all frazzled and envious!

Can't have anybody making a fellow HP fan miserable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now