Talk

Advanced search

PTAs - where do you get your insurance from and what does it cover?

(10 Posts)
robinia Thu 17-Jul-08 19:58:48

Ours seems hopeless for our needs - insists that anything over £300 be put in the school safe and the school can't let us do that as it invalidates their insurance

What do others do? Ours costs £85 a year btw.

unknownrebelbang Thu 17-Jul-08 20:00:37

Can't remember the details, and not sure of cost, but are you a member of the NCPTA?

Take a look at their website, it might help.

robinia Thu 17-Jul-08 21:21:05

Yes - they are our current insurers

unknownrebelbang Thu 17-Jul-08 21:26:12

oops.

It's been a while since I was involved...

ConnorTraceptive Thu 17-Jul-08 21:41:35

NCPTA provides insurance for members

ConnorTraceptive Thu 17-Jul-08 21:41:41

ConnorTraceptive Thu 17-Jul-08 21:41:43

bossybritches Thu 17-Jul-08 21:49:46

We get ours through a company which specializes in Insurance for childcare settings & have very comprehensive policies.

we're a daycare nursery but they do pre-schools too

Not cheap but then no-one is and they are very specific, I always check evey year & can't get a better quote from general insurers.

robinia Thu 17-Jul-08 23:19:17

ConnorTraceptive - we are with the NCPTA at the moment and it's no good. Basically whenever we have more than £300 in cash it's not insured because they won't let us put it anywhere except the school safe.

bossybritches - had a look at the link but seems to be more about liability type insurance. Our NCPTA insurance is fine for public liabilty - just hopeless for cash.

bossybritches Fri 18-Jul-08 09:22:34

Yes they do robina- just checked my policy it's quite detailed. They do say the money needs to be in a locked desk or filing cabinet it not a safe. Surely though the best thing would be to bank the cash the same day so you DON'T have large amounts around? Not easy I know if you have no bank nearby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now